Visit Open-E website

Thread: Updating caused large performance degregation

Default Updating caused large performance degregation

I updated from 6.0up65.xxxx.5217 2011-02-28 b5217 to the latest version and now my performance dropped from about 300-400 megs a second read/write in a VM to about 110.. Need to resolve this as my VMs are running rather slowly.. I went to disable tcp offloading to find there were many options and it wiped out my failover config(hoping a restore of configuration brings my config back).. Suggestions?

What is the current build do you have ? is it up90.5845 ?
    Did you update your RIAD Controller Firmware to the latest build ?
    Also what brand of NIC cards do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Al-S View Post
    What is the current build do you have ? is it up90.5845 ?
    Did you update your RIAD Controller Firmware to the latest build ?
    Also what brand of NIC cards do you have?
    My current build is 6.0up80.8101.5626 64bit - for some reason it didn't go to the latest when I checked for updates but instead went to this version on both my sans. My raid card is an areca 1680 and is fully up to date. My network cards are Intel CX4 10gbe. I got my config back after restoring two configs.. The first config didn't show my replication disks and stuff so fail over wouldn't start properly but luckily I got it back with a earlier date config..

Also shouldn't my reads be close to full speed but writes should be half of what full speed is due to the replication?

Please download the ISO file for the latest build from our website at : http://www.open-e.com/account/products-and-updates/
    and update your system to the latest build using that ISO file ( you can check the downloaded ISO file with the .MD5 file to be sure you download the ISO file without any issue).

You can open a support ticket, so we can send you a small update that contain the latest intel NIC drives, that should give you the best performance.

Alright I'll submit a support ticket.. Just to ask though if I got 1k meg reads before synchronous replication should I see 1k meg read rates after as well?

HI did yo manage to get this fixed or did you have to down grade?

Just to let you know that we have been experiencing disconnection with VMware after upgrading to version b5845 of DSSV6, very noticeable when moving virtual machines between volumes, I have down graded to version 5377 of DSS V6 and the problem is resolved. Looks like version b5845 might have some issues.