Visit Open-E website

Thread: Poor IO after upgrade...

Default Poor IO after upgrade...

We recently upgraded to b5845 from b5794.

This was performed on 2 clusters (4 machines) and immediately on both, saw increased IO wait times.

After playing around with everything and anything possible, and ruling out hardware failure as this is happening on 4 separate machines, even with failover turned off to see if was an issue with the replication, we downgraded.

On downgrade, IO went back to normal and things were good.

Are there any known issues with b5845 relating to IO performance?

What are the network cards you have? ( brand/model ), as if they are Intel, then you may need to get the latest Intel drivers, and we can support it as a small update, that require to open a support ticket.

Hi are you getting the i/o wait times in system_load log, i have lots of these when moving large files to open-e dss and we are using Fibre Channel and it causes storage disconnection in Vmware ESX.

Just to let you know that we have been experiencing disconnection with VMware after upgrading to version b5845 of DSSV6, very noticeable when moving virtual machines between volumes, I have down graded to version 5377 of DSS V6 and the problem is resolved. Looks like version b5845 might have some issues.

A lot of our customers update to build b5845 and they did not lose the performance.