Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OPEN-E Replication

Default OPEN-E Replication

Hi Folks,
    i have 2 storage servers running open-e that were brought at different times, i want to wipe everything from the one and replicate the other is this something that can be done? or do you have to wipe both boxes to configure this?

thanks all
    Jase

hi gr,
    this talks about setting up a new iscsi volume group and this is why i thought it will wipe my current setup as all my disk space is currently used by the current volume group?

no need to wipe or create new volumes, just enable the replication on each one you need to replicate.

hiya when i try and create this on the source it says i dont have enough free space as i created one big volume at the start is it possible to auto resize this somewhere without losing my data?

Cheers
    J

Pi-L Guest

Enabling replication for volume really creates a small attached volume to store metadata on it and it requires 128MB of space for each 4TB of volume. I assume you do not have any more space left in your Volume Group?

hiya Pi

thats correct this was created before we brought the second dss box is there anyway of altering this realtime? without losing data?

From the “Volume Manager” function you can add a disk volume to a new LV,
    or increase the size of existing LVs (you cannot decrease LV size).

To set the needed LV size just use the scrollbar.

On the right side of it you will find a counter of available space.
    This function can be also used to reserve disk space for swap, snapshots, system and replication.

Also if your system has a 4GB of SWAP, you can delete it to free some space.

Pi-L Guest

If it is supposed to be a long-term solution the best would be to add another HDD to your array if your RAID supports expansion (adding space without wiping out and rebuilding whole array)

if i delete the swap what happens? can i recreate it but smaller?