Visit Open-E website

Thread: LSI 9261-8i installation problem

Default LSI 9261-8i installation problem

Hi folks,
    I've got a supermicro 2U box that is populated with a LSI 9261-8i which I thought was on the HCL for Open-E but when I boot up Open-E can't find any drives.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Tavis

You can find in HCL that MegaRAID SAS 9265-8i SAS RAID , 3ware 9750-8i SAS RAID Controller, ServeRAID 8i, MegaRAID SAS 9240 / 9240-8i / 9240-4i / PERC H310 / 2004 iMR ROMB / 2008 ROMB are already supported, and that should let your Controller be supported too.

Are you using the latest build of DSSv6?
    Did you used the Controller BIOS options to deal with the storage or still not?

You can find in HCL that MegaRAID SAS 9265-8i SAS RAID , 3ware 9750-8i SAS RAID Controller, ServeRAID 8i, MegaRAID SAS 9240 / 9240-8i / 9240-4i / PERC H310 / 2004 iMR ROMB / 2008 ROMB are already supported, and that should let your Controller be supported too.

>>Yeah that's what I figured as well.

Are you using the latest build of DSSv6?
    >>Yes freshly downloaded

Did you used the Controller BIOS options to deal with the storage or still not?
    >>Haven't done anything on this. What BIOS options should I change? Is there a document for it as I didn't see anything online but I probably missed it. The controller does see all the drives so I know its working at that level.

No documents are needed, as the Controller can deal with the drives at its BIOS level then that’s fine, please check your downloaded DSSv6 with the MD5 sum file to check it is downloaded fine, or download it again.
    And if you still face the issue, please open a ticket and support us with the system logs for your system.

Got it to work. I just had to create drive groups in the web gui first of the controller. Just didn't have to do that in a previous installation. Thanks for the assistance.