Visit Open-E website

Thread: Wrong download link?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Wrong download link?

I'm little bit confused here, but am I the only one who is getting the old 6.0up90 5845 instead of the latest 6.0up95 b6156 by following the download links? Sure, I can use the ftp server directly but ...

b_6156 has been temporarily removed from the downloads. It will be back soon.
    Currently, b_5845 should be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr-R View Post
    b_6156 has been temporarily removed from the downloads. It will be back soon.
    Currently, b_5845 should be used.
    Thanks for your answer but is there a blog post or news entry or something which is telling me why?

We wanted to modify some more improvements and it should be out by end of next week.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Ok now thats getting more suspicious and confusing. Wouldn't that normally be a simple update? Instead of blocking silently an already announced version?

Nick,

We have done this in the past and the version is still good and is very similar to the 5845, like I said the enhanced version will be out next week.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by To-M View Post
    We wanted to modify some more improvements and it should be out by end of next week.
    In future, I would suggest that a more "direct" answer would be appropriate.

By "direct answer" I mean:

"We discovered some issues in ESX functionality when updating from older DSS V6 versions, so we have withdrawn the upgrade."

Anything else can be seen as been deceptive.

To be even more pro-active a message should have been posted to this forum advising users of the issues. ESX systems are core to many organizations, to not be advised of potential issues before the update is applied is not good.

Not impressed either. I had downloaded 6.0up95 a few weeks ago, but hadn't got around to restarting. Could have been nasty - you could have mentioned something.

BTW - Did a restart tonight and found that my network ports on a NextGen card were missing. Without further ado went backto up80. That's when I found this.

Any other issues we should know about?