Visit Open-E website

Thread: Hardware Errors - on a trial ?

Question Hardware Errors - on a trial ?

Been running a trial for a little while now, and was about ready to proceed with the purchase

But (theres always a but) we have been seeing the following issues cropping up

Code:
    [ 219.114153] hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    Code:
    CRITICAL ERROR: Unable to access one or more critical system files. Please reboot the server as soon as possible. If this message persists, please contact support.
    Code:
    [ 219.114172] ide: failed opcode was: unknown
    Code:
    The system was not shutdowned properly. It could lead to file system corruption. It is recommenced to run "Repair file system on LV (Logical Volumes)" in Console Tools (ALT+CTRL+X) to avoid possible data corruption.
    the IDE SSD was brand new and we have never had issues with them previously, but it seems every 3 to 4 days we get errors such as those above and the system reboots (or halts and restarts) funny thing is this never happens during the day only over night, we are using the DSS as an ISCSI host for ESX and you can see from the virtual machine logs that they "lose" some time as the hdd are effectivly taken offline then pretty much straight away available again.

any thought ???

Can you test with another writable media, even a USB pen drive to see if you are getting the same issue as those errors do point to be a hardware issue. The night time events are strange, does it happen at the same time at night.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

for an unknown reason i can't seem to get open-e to boot via pendrive, which is why we used an IDE DOM (the system boots but halts at around 20%), to be honest it didn't really matter to us which way it booted

and again, no not everynight, just seems to occur between say 02:00 and 05:00, non of our other systems seem to have issues with power etc... + the UPS isn't firing any warning so i don't think its that.

What is the server model? Maybe try in the BIOS to set of legacy mode for the USB. Is the IDE DOM very hot compared to the drives? With USB make sure to format again then reload from the zip file and click on the bootinst.exe then try again.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

its a white box built on a tyan motherboard

ok so after seeing another batch of failures last night i backed up the config, wrote the latest download to a IDE disk, (there are no spare sata headers) booted and restored the config.

as soon as i have done this a old problem has reappeared

I get the logon screen then once i logon (with the restored creds) it produces a page not found error.

I seem to remember this had something to do with self signed cert but can't remember can anyone assist

I've got CLI access etc... the iscsi portions seem to be back up, its just the web interface now

regards

You can clear the certificates in your browser, or try with a different pc on the network or a different browser.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"