Visit Open-E website

Thread: DSS Version 7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default DSS Version 7

Open-E launched DSS version 7.

The Open-E DATA STORAGE SOFTWARE V7 is a storage management operating system.

•DSS V7 provides NAS (Network Attached Storage) and SAN (Storage Area Network) functionality, including iSCSI Target and Fiber Channel
    •DSS V7 provides your business with continuous data protection and replication, automatic active/active failover and ensures high availability

We understand there are many solutions to choose from when selecting your storage software. You should consider our product if you want to quickly get more from your existing hardware, accelerate performance, minimize downtimes and assure uninterrupted business operations. With Open-E DSS V7, you will also experience significant time, cost and storage volume savings.

What are most interesting new features for current users of DSS v6?

Biggest difference is Active / Active failover :
    http://www.open-e.com/products/open-...e-software-v7/

Did you guys fix it to where on a Hyper-v failover box if you fail over to the other node you don't lose connectivity?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerky_san View Post
    Did you guys fix it to where on a Hyper-v failover box if you fail over to the other node you don't lose connectivity?
    +1

I'm anxious to get moving on a Hyper-V failover setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerky_san View Post
    I think you will also find that Windows Server 2012 has had improvements in failover tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanLeyne View Post
    I think you will also find that Windows Server 2012 has had improvements in failover tolerance.
    Indeed. From what I can tell the problem is around the persistent connections, with some of the connection information stored in RAM.
    We will have this worked out in next major release of DSS V7. Expect around second half of August.
    Last edited by Gr-R; 07-24-2012 at 11:24 PM.