Visit Open-E website

Thread: Virtual IP configuration in DSS V7

Default Virtual IP configuration in DSS V7

Hi,

I've set up my 2 dss systems with V7 according to the v7 video shown on the homepage, but struggle with the virtual ip setup.

I have 3 storage clients (esxi) on different storage networks (dedicated 10GE nics) => so 3 different storage networks.
    I want both iscsi targets for the 2 replication volumes to be available to all 3 clients.

node A is source for lv0000 and node B is source for lv0001.
    Do I set up 6 virtual ip's in that case ?

On node A: (with iscsi target0)

On node B: (with iscsi target1)

=> is that the recommended setup to have my storage clients access both targets ?

the virtual ip's are in the same subnet then. the .1 will access target0 and .2 will access target1.

PS: V7 looks great !

The only way to have more then one initiator connecting to the same target is to have the VMware setup in a High Availability cluster other wise you can have corruption as the iSCSI Target has no way of knowing who was the last to perform the writes.
    For the Active Active cluster to work you need 2 iSCSI volumes and 2 Targets one for the Local Resource and one for the Remote. Then one VIP for the Local and Remote. If more VIP's are needed you will need additional NICs. You can create additional iSCSI volumes and Targets as well for the Local and Remote servers and you can keep the existing VIPs for them to connect to.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube