Visit Open-E website

Thread: Open-E DSS boot Problem!

Angry Open-E DSS boot Problem!

Hi,
    Open-E DSS is starts boots & it will hanged on 59%.
    What is the solution. Kindly help!

Thanks

Be sure the hardware you are using is supported: http://www.open-e.com/service-and-su...tibility-list/
    If booting from USB, use a USB 2.0 device, 3.0 is not supported yet.

Dear Admin,
    The system is works perfectly from last 2 months... but today my storage server was hanged & when i restart my storage server then i faced this problem.
    Kindly help!

Since it has been running previously, most likely you have a problem with the boot media, or its image.
    Please reinstall the OS, and restore your settings in the new install.

I thought you where trying it for the first time, sorry about that.

The system was works from last 2 months .. But today open-e was hanged & when we restart the server after that we faced issue on boot hanged on 59%.

Quote Originally Posted by syedasim View Post
    The system was works from last 2 months .. But today open-e was hanged & when we restart the server after that we faced issue on boot hanged on 59%.
    Please see my previous reply:
    Since it has been running previously, most likely you have a problem with the boot media, or its image.
    Please reinstall the OS, and restore your settings in the new install.

I thought you where trying it for the first time, sorry about that.

We already change the USB & reinstall the OS. But problem still remain.
    Kindly help!

Most likely it is a hardware issue then.
    Please verify all hardware is working properly.

Lightbulb System seems to hang during boot...59%

I've seen this many times and I'm always praying on my knees when it reaches a few critical stages... 59% is one of them.

I've seen it taken about 10 or 15 minutes at 59%.

1) Might be a scan of the disks/volume / e2fsck? Look at the LEDs at the disks.. is anything happening?
    2) One time I saw it hanging at (I thought 90%), only after unplugging it from the network (it had 8 network cables for failover, heartbeat, bond, etc.) it was able to boot. At 90 or 91%, the webinterface/Apache is loaded and you should be able to access it.
    3) I've even seen it happen after booting with a fresh installed Open-E medium (I assume it was a disk check in that case).

I hope Open-E will make an option to press ESC during boot to actually see all the (debug) messages during boot instead of showing the Logo.
    Roel Broersma is founder and technical consultant at www.Gigaweb.nl. Expert in Storage solutions based on DELL, OpenFiler, Open-E and more. New installations, troubleshooting and custom work. See my life and technical blog at: www.roelbroersma.nl

OECE - Open-E Certified Engineer