Visit Open-E website

Thread: Simple problems

Default Simple problems

we use succesfully iscsi-enterprise in 15 servers but now we must buy more.
    A problem to find the right hardware.
    We think to use dell 1950 + perc 5/e + md1000 but with demo cd seems that nor the raid controller, nor the network adapter are supported (the version used in demo cd is older then the production updates) so i don't know if this hardware can work.

Another question is where to put dom in a system like this:
    no ide port are present inside and no usb port on m/b like you use in R3 version.
    Why not use a simple usb port to boot dom so more hardware can support simply open-e?

Can you give us a way to use an hardware like this?

Yes, you can use our External USB Cable part# 1482.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

thank you for reply.
    Can you specify if perc 5/e and broadcom netextreme 2 are supported by iscsi r3 and nas r3?

Currently we do not have full support for the PERC 5/e all listed DELL PERC are listed on the link below. I know we have drivers for the PERC 5/e installed for the R-3 family but we have not certified this currently. We should be completing this in the near future, but no set date as of yet.

I am checking on your Broadcom Netextreme 2 so if possible can you send me your email address with attention Todd Maxwell at support@open-e.com so that I can reply promptly concerning the NIC. By they way what does your company do that has so many of our products - could we use you as a reference, let me know this may be helpfull to you as well

http://www.open-e.com/data_storage_s...&manufact=Dell
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube