Visit Open-E website

Thread: ACL in openE

Question ACL in openE

Dear openE users

I have an OpenE data storage system connected to domain (AD) so all the users and groups are managed with external database, (in this case an active directory).
    I tried to have the following configurations:
    i have to create one folder that every user can read and execute (so every user can open it), then inside this folder , I tried to create a private folder for every user.
    My problem may be simple but no way to set the ACL correctly, why after changing the owner of privates folders according to their users, theses users can not access their files via smb in windows machines. (you do not have permission to acess ......).
    and when i create these privates folders in windows, there is no way to change the owner (operation non permitted or some thinh like that ).

Any help.
    I read all the manual but no way

Did you tried to create Superuser(s) ?

Superuser is a user who has the permission to take ownership of folders and files belonging to other users. These rights can be useful when an administrator wants to change access rights (ACL) for folders or files created by other users. To give superuser privileges to a user, select them in the menu. Superuser privileges allow modifying, removing and adding new files to the share. This includes all files and directories, even those the superuser does not have ownership of.

YES I did, so if I understand that open E permit only the creation of root folder, then we have to create subfolders inside this one in windows, by using an account for super user, so no way to do that on Open E, so I am asking what is the utility of ACL in open E ????
    strange , i still have these problems, is there any good tutorial explaining different scenario to do that ???
    thank you