Visit Open-E website

Thread: Hardware change

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hardware change

L.s.

Since about a few weeks, my DSS has become less stable and I suspect the motherboard or memory modules to be faulty.
    Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a spare server, spare components or failover cluster, since it is my limited budget home lab setup.

Therefore, I am considering a hardware change, but I am not sure what steps to take.
    Can I simply put my USB DOM with the current install and the hardware RAID controller into a new motherboard?

I know it might be a trivial question for some or you - but I'd like to know for sure.
    Thanks for your help!

you can change hardware, and the DSS V6 will require activation again.

Sounds good!
    I guess some settings, such as network settings, need to be re-entered with the change of NICs (replace PCI-X by PCI-E), but do I understand correctly that no other re-configuration is needed?

DNS and Gateway and if your port # was different then those will have to be reset as well along with any Static routing.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Excellent! I'll update this thread with my experiences as soon as I've migrated.
    Many thanks for your quick replies - I think your forum presence alone is worth buying the product for!
    (By the way, do you guys ever sleep?)

(By the way, do you guys ever sleep?)
    Not often....