Visit Open-E website

Thread: Several issues

Default Several issues

All below applies to ISCSI server demo CD v 2006.04.15:

1. I have got impression that now "RESCAN" button
    In target manager is not working at all.
    At least it is not listing new arrays created after ISCSI manager was started. After reboot unit manager sees new arrays correctly. This was tested using Qlogic 2340 fiber HBA and IBM DS400 storage array (What is interesting previous DEMO CD version did it correctly).

2. When SNAPSHOT is made as READ-ONLY (RO), ISCSI server slows down more comparing with situation when the same snapshot is made without read only flag.

3. Console function:
    If on bonded adapter you will execute actions sequence: Tools menu->Network settings->Adapter settings-> Info This will shut down bonded NICs completely. If you are doing this on production machine this will kill everything served by this NIC.

4. Console function:
    Extended menu-> 8. Remove logical volume -> LV selection
    Extended menu-> 9. Delete contents of unit -> unit selection Both these action in result reboots whole system. It is very uncomfortable, because all the rest volumes served from the same system Will be unavailable until system reboots. Maybe this can be changed?

5. Jumbo frames settings are not retained. If you will specify jumbo frame size, it will change back to original one (1500) after machine was rebooted. Interesting, but after reboot last adapter frame size is retained! I think this is a bug.

6. Setting remote access to console. Web function.
    Settings->Administrator->Remote access
    I have 3 IP's:
    1 - Network adapter. 192.168.255.221
    2 - bonded adapters. 192.168.3.221
    3 - bonded adapters. 192.168.4.221

If I specify "allowed ip" as 192.168.255.3 GUI says "wrong IP!" If I specify "allowed ip" as 192.168.3.3 everything ok. I think this is a bug.

7. If you will specify new bonded interface and IP (via web GUI) for it, after reboot this IP is lost. There is workaround: after bonding you can reenter same IP address for interface from console. In this case after reboot IP is retained. I think this is a bug.

Default issues with ISCSI server demo CD only!

Answer to 1
    Rescan works ONLY with 3Ware raid controllers. For every other RAID
    we have switched this function off.

Answer to 2
    RO snapshot is not natively supported by the kernel – we will have to make modification and test it.

Answer to 3
    This is true - network is switched off and on (also same behavior with one NIC).
    It is a bug and we will fix it.

Answer to 4
    We are aware of this and have plans to make corrections.

Answer to 5
    We have tested this and we are not experiencing this, maybe this could be a bad NIC - if you could send us the logs we will help find the issue.

Answer to 6
    This will be fixed in next release – no exact date as to next release but in 2006.

Answer to 7
    The bonding interface is currently being re-written from a scratch.
    Will work in newest release - no exact date
    as to next release but in 2006.