Visit Open-E website

Thread: Hewlett-Packard Company Smart Array P812

Default Hewlett-Packard Company Smart Array P812

We have a HP server with the Hewlett-Packard Company Smart Array P812, the server sees the card but we can not configure the raid as it says we need to use the HP ACU. I have tried this and I am not sure if I am doing things correctly but I can not get to manage the card using the HP ACU from a remote windows server. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this.

Thanks

Gavin

same here, any solution yet?

Just joined the forum so I may be late to respond on your question. Find your HP acu guide and pull up the Hp cli section (this will be command summaries on how to do things - non GUI). From within the open-e browser turn on the remote access and set your password (I forget where this is). The default is on port 22222 so open a program like putty and create an ash connection to port 22222. The username is cli and the password is the one you entered. This will give you console access like standing in front of the server ( all settings work here except f1 for help). Hold down on Ctrl-alt-r for the raid tools. Choose your controller and hit enter. That will get you into the Hp cli. Refer to your manual from there.

I am a SecureCRT user and was about to install PUTTY as the default SecureCRT settings did not send the key-presses required to trigger ALT-CTRL-R. Digging a bit deeper into SecureCRT settings uncovers a "EMACS" compatibility section where you can enable "Use ALT as meta key". That enabled with the default button under "Send escape for meta key" makes the ALT-CTRL options work.

I hope this may help other users in the future as working with HP ACU CLI is challenging on a small console.

Tim