Quote Originally Posted by aluisell View Post
Thanks Admin,

I looked at the video but it doesn't really answer all my questions.
I can just assume that my idea of configuration is quite good.
What about the connection reliabilty? what happen if one port on the opene dss server fail?...i'll loose 1 iscsi target but what about data?

In case i have already created the Storage repository but using the bonded nics so only 1 scsi target and i want to activate multipath, i have to change all network setting in the opene and the servers and create further iscsi target. Do i loose all my data?

Thanks

Andrea
** MPIO gives you the ability to have link aggregation plus the benefit of redundancy, all while connecting to a single or multiple targets. The amount of targets does not dictate the amount of paths, and the amount of paths does not dictate the amount of targets.
** If you change from a bonded interface to single paths and configure MPIO, the data is not affected.
** Whether its a bonded interface or MPIO, and a path fails, targets are not lost, and data is not affected.

The bottom line here is that the bond type, or the amount of connections has nothing to do with the amount of targets or the inability to access the data. For data to be inaccessible, all paths need to fail.