Visit Open-E website

Thread: How to retrieve LVM and other iSCSI-related information from LUN in target?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How to retrieve LVM and other iSCSI-related information from LUN in target?

I have a DSS V6.0up90.8101.5845 64bit that I'm using for iSCSI storage for a XenServer 5.6 pool. Recently the hosts on the pool had their hard drives fill up. During that time I consolidated the SRs to a new target with a new LUN. The hosts in the pool had to be rebooted and I can't reattach the SR it was using. There is some detailed information that the XenServer pool needs and I need to figure out how to get at that information. I have CLI access, but I'm not sure where to go from there. Could someone point me in the right direction?

What information do you need ?

[QUOTE=jslusher;14767]There is some detailed information that the XenServer pool needs and I need to figure out how to get at that information.QUOTE]

Do you need the iqn target name? If so this can be found in the GUI Location:
    CONFIGURATION -> iSCSI Target Manager -> Targets -> Target[#] -> Function: Rename target.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I'm told by Citrix support that the hosts can't see the LVM table information. I'm not sure if that's all that it needs. I'll be working with them shortly, and I guess what I want to know is how to get the most detailed information on the LUN of the target. I've given them everything they can see from the GUI, but I'm afraid they might need more in depth information on the LUN.

You should be bale to query the information from the XEN console using the iscsi adm.
    But, I don't think I have heard of Xen needing any LVM info.
    You can download the log package from the DSS webGUI, and have a look in the iscsi folder. Here you find the configuration file for each target.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I'm told by Citrix support that the hosts can't see the LVM table information. I'm not sure if that's all that it needs. I'll be working with them shortly, and I guess what I want to know is how to get the most detailed information on the LUN of the target. I've given them everything they can see from the GUI, but I'm afraid they might need more in depth information on the LUN.