Visit Open-E website

Thread: i have just created a new nfs share and now i can't see any files or folders

Exclamation i have just created a new nfs share and now i can't see any files or folders

hi,

i wanted to replace my raid set, with new bigger drives, so i created the new one and assigned a vol group and nfs share.

i then proceeded to copy all my data from my old nfs volume to the new one.

once this was complete, i removed my old nfs shares.

but as this is a domain environment i wanted to re-introduce the new shares with the same name so that all the drive mappings and users data paths remained intact

so i removed the new nfs shares and then brought them back in with the original nfs share names.

now when i browse the nfs shares on the windows network the shares contain data about 50%, but i cannot see any files or folders !!!!!

please help

Please try to remount NFS share on client side and see if that's help.
    It is also possible to restart NFS service on server by stopping/starting NFS.

hi thanks for replying so quickly,

i went to configuration/nas settings and disabled/re-enabled 'Use NFS'

then re-mapped my drive shares, but unfortunately this has not made any difference.

what else can i try? as this is quite urgent.

is it normal for the data to be lost when a nas share is removed?

when removing nfs shares the warning does not state data will be lost

IF you go to the DSS NAS share and then click on the "Path" pull down button do you see your data? Can you show a screen shot of this and when you go to Status > Connections and look at the NFS connections do you see any IP Addresses?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hi Todd,

many thanks for replying, but its too late because i have deleted them all on both storage servers and then just created fresh vol groups to restore the data via our disaster recovery software.

but i will keep this in mind for next time.

regards
    alex