Visit Open-E website

Thread: How can i syncronize two different NAS?

Default How can i syncronize two different NAS?

Hi, i need to syncronize the content of a NAS with R3 Enterprise, Raid 6 HW with 8 HD 320 SATA with an XSR Enterprise Raid 6 HW with 8 HD 300 SATA. Which is the exact procedure that i must follow?

Also, i can try the same procedure between a NAS R3 Enterprise Full and a NAS R3 Enterprise Demo only for lab-test???

Thank's in advance

Synchronizing between the NAS Enterprise and NAS-R3 Enterprise will not work as we do not have this available. This is only available between the same family versions. For example NAS-R3 Enterprise will synchronize with NAS-R3 SMB. You will have to copy your data then copy on to new NAS-R3 Enterprise.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Thank you for your response

Now, i'm trying to syncronize the demo r3 version with the full version but i have some difficult to do this because in the manual it isn't explained. Can you tell me how i can do?
    Thank's

When creating a share that you would like to use replication, enable this for the share.
    Below are the instructions. Assign a Snapshot volume then go to Maintenance -> Backup -> Data Replication. There you will see how to create a new data replication task. Click on the ? for more details on the subject.

Setting replication for the specified Share:

This function allows you to set configuration for a data replication of the share.
    In order to enable replication for a share, check box Use data replication.

Note
    It is recommended to set Login name, Password and list of Allow access IPs that have access to the share, in another case everyone will have access to the share.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Thank you for your detailed explanations