Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot upgrade iS703 from 6.0up90.8101.5845 to latest

Quote Originally Posted by jslusher View Post
    I booted from an image on a USB stick, but it lost all of the old network settings. I configured it for an IP, but when I get on the http interface, I get a request for me to enter my product key. I've never had to do this before. I thought this was going to be an upgrade to my existing system, and not a re-install.
    What this proves, is that your issue of it only going to a prompt on your previous boot(s), is the old boot media is bad.
    To continue using the new USB boot device, enter your key, then go into the webgui and restore your settings and configuration from MAINTENANCE-->Misc page

I was able to import the backup settings to the new version after I added my product key. Is there a way to make it so I don't need the USB key to boot from? When I try to boot without it, I get back to the old version.

Thanks for your help, by the way.

You most likely have some sort of internal boot media(which is now bad). Replace it, and go through the install process again, and you can ditch the USB key.
    Best option would be to boot from SSD if you have the spare bay.

I think I'll just leave the USB key in the back and use it. It's not a production storage server, and I'm thinking about retiring it for good anyway. I have two more questions:

1. How would I restore this to a "factory" default? I still can't get iSCSI to work on it, and I want a clean slate anyway.

2. Do these servers support NFS storage for Xenserver?

Quote Originally Posted by jslusher View Post
    I think I'll just leave the USB key in the back and use it. It's not a production storage server, and I'm thinking about retiring it for good anyway. I have two more questions:

1. How would I restore this to a "factory" default? I still can't get iSCSI to work on it, and I want a clean slate anyway.

2. Do these servers support NFS storage for Xenserver?
    1- from the console, CNTRL+ALT+X, you can restore various factory settings.
    2- NFS storage is supported. If you want this in a HA environment(DSS V6 only), you will need to purchase the NFS failover pack: http://www.open-e.com/products/open-...-nfs-failover/

I got it working. Thanks again for all the help.