Visit Open-E website

Thread: Couple of eval issues

Default Couple of eval issues

I just downloaded the latest CD trial version of iSCSI-R3 (version 2.10.IE00000000.2573) and am having two problems:

1) I cannot get past the first page of the 3DM management utility. I can login to 3ware successfully and get the controller summary page displayed. Once I attempt to click anything else from there I'm spun back to the login page with a message "(0x0C:0x001A): You have been logged out due to inactivity or Cookies are disabled". This occurs with both IE7 (site is in the "trusted sites" list) as well as Firefox 2.0.0.3. Cookies are enabled in both browsers, and when I acces 3DM when running Windows 2003 on the same server I have no issues.

2) I'm not sure how to configure the UPS interface. We have an APC Smart-UPS 2200 RM XL with the network connected management/shutdown card. On the Windows boxes I install an agent and then register it in the UPS web interface by adding its IP address as a "Network Shutdown Client". Should I include the IP address of the iSCSI-R3 box in the APC interface and then just set the UPS settings to APC, Slave, SmartUPS, port 223 and Master to the IP address of the APC UPS? If I set it that way I get the following logged " iscsi apcupsd[17454]: Master not responding" logged every 3 minutes

3) When saving the UPS settings the "Turn off UPS after system shutdown" box always becomes "ticked" after clicking apply.

4) Is there any way to use the R3 "DOM" with an ASUS PU-DL server motherboard? This motherboard doesn't have an onboard USB connector (there is an external USB 1.1 connector). I've ordered the older style IDE version but just noticed in another post that open-e will be focusing on the R3/USB models so I'm thinking that what I have on order will be not as frequently updated as the R3/USB model...

Thanks

Craig

Concerning the access to the 3Ware GUI this is a known issue. In order to fix it, please go to GUI and in SETUP / SERVER
    1. set proper time
    2. set proper time zone You must do both settings
    properly. If you skip time zone, so 3DM
    will NOT work and prompt the error about cookies.

Looks like you have this settup correctly for the Slave position, port 223 but is the Master connected to the server with proper specified cable for the com port. If so then send the logs to support@open-e.com to see if they can see anything in the logs that

We have external USB cables for the DOM's. If possible send me your contact information so we can talk about this offline. Please send email to me at todd.maxwell@open-e.com
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Thanks Tom. I found that picking another setting for timezone did the trick (I'm in Ontario, Canada so we're UTC -5). I had originally picked "ETC/GMT-5" and was having difficulty with 3DM. I switched it to Canada/Eastern and 3DM is working fine now.

I think I have a UPS interface that may not be supported by Open-E. Its an AP9617 management card. It's a card that goes directly in the UPS and to the network (no USB or COM port connections). There is no "master" per se, everything just connects to the IP address of the management card (i.e. when you configure a host to be automatically shutdown by the UPS, you install a shutdown agent, give it the IP address of the UPS, and then on the UPS enter the IP address of the server you've just configured). You can also have the AP9617 send an SNMP trap...

I'll shoot you an email on the DoM question...

Craig

Err that was supposed to be Todd not Tom (its too late here :-))

Craig

I don’t have anything in my database or tests with this interface for the network. So it could be that we don't have anything for this kind of setup and we have not provided any updates for this interface.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube