Visit Open-E website

Thread: Quotas & NFS

Default Quotas & NFS

Hi,

Is there any way to apply a quota to an NFS share at all? I've looked in the manual and it only mentions quotas for users, but NFS doesn't use a username/password for login, so it seems to only apply to SMB/FTP/AFP users.

Thanks,

To use NFS ACL permissions and quota you need to use UID/GID synchronization on all PC's on your network. This can be done with NIS synchronization. Please note that you can use built-in Open-E server LDAP server for synchronization.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    To use NFS ACL permissions and quota you need to use UID/GID synchronization on all PC's on your network. This can be done with NIS synchronization. Please note that you can use built-in Open-E server LDAP server for synchronization.
    So I have to configure Open-E to sync its internal LDAP with my YP server? Any hints on where/how?
    Also, does Open-E support netgroups?

I was able to get my user list by connecting to my YP domain using the NIS configuration settings under "authentication method". Though I have switched gears to LDAP since this YP stuff needs to be removed eventually anyway.

What about netgroups? Managing NFS permissions for 25+ servers without netgroups is a royal )(#*#).

Sorry to say we currently do not have netgroups built in, but for previous question with the LDAP -> NIS did you try the UID & GID synch. located in CONFIGURATION -> NAS settings -> Function: UID & GID synchronization.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Sorry to say we currently do not have netgroups built in, but for previous question with the LDAP -> NIS did you try the UID & GID synch. located in CONFIGURATION -> NAS settings -> Function: UID & GID synchronization.
    Hmm, that is greyed out and says:

"Function available only if your authentication method is Internal LDAP, PDC or ADS."

I would need to use external LDAP to correctly sync UID's with our other servers.

I also never got this to work. I'm guessing this box doesn't work with RFC 2307. Support tried to help awhile back, but I don't think they understood what I was saying.

Anyone else?

Hello world,
    I have RHEL5.2 AS box with NAS R3 attached, and I have the following questions:

1. My case is using NIS/LDAP is undesirable.
    Can I synchronize UIDs between box and NAS without NIS/LDAP?
    For instance, given a set of username/UID couples on my box, I could just upload correspondent mappings file onto NAS. Is this 'manual' synchronization enough for NFS quotas to work?

2. If NIS/LDAP is obligatory, what exactly the procedure for switching NFS quotas is?
    (External LDAP on RHEL box is preferable).

Thank you in advance!