Visit Open-E website

Thread: DSS7 - Active-Active Failover question

Question DSS7 - Active-Active Failover question

hi,

we have two IBM X3550 M3 boxes as targets and 4 X3550 M3 as initiators (ProxMox 2.1)
    On every DSS host we have two LSI 603j Jbods (2x 14TB netto)

At the moment I have created on my first DSS7 host 8 targets with enabled replication to the second DSS7 host.

For Active-Active there is one point, I missed. For example, I want _one_ target for a virtual KVM host (via ProxMox as KVM node). So my questions is:

Does Active-Active means, that my KVM clients read/write from/to both DSS nodes (for example target0), or does it mean, the KVM is connected to one DSS, but with two paths (via multipath) ?

cu denny

The A/A means for your question with regards to your Taget 0 that both DSS V7 will have this iSCSI volume being replicated, so lets say DSS-A is the Source volume and DSS-B is the Destination volume, so when you read and write to your Target0 that it is first written to DSS-A and if there is a failover then DSS-B will be the Source until DSS-A is back online then it will update and you have to move back the resources to DSS-A if you want to place back to its origanal position and be source again and this only takes a few seconds. But all the time data is not inturupted.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube