Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Target IP Access Not Working Right

Default Target IP Access Not Working Right

iSCSI Enterprise 1.72.

The fuction to deny and/or allow access to specific IP addresses or ranges. It does not let you enter multiple entries.

The instructions show that multiple entries are supposed to work, and to delinate them with a comma. But putting in more than one in either the deny or allow list will show an error "Allow list contains Invalid IP/Mask".

Yes this could be our mistake - Please use semicolon to separate two IP's. This line should look like this for example: 10.10.10.80;10.10.10.90
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hmmm, I thought I tried semicolon.

Anyway, I just got creative with the subnet addressing so I only needed one entry to deny per target. So I'm fine. Thanks.

but with no spaces.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Right that does work without spaces. But its still really screwed up.

If you enter an IP without a subnet, it appears to work but doesn't actually do anything.

If you enter one with a subnet, it works. However, if you try to add more than one with a subnet, it just dissapears after hitting apply.

All I want to do is block everything except 192.168.1.220, 192.168.2.220, 192.168.3.220, and 192.168.4.220. It appears this is impossible to do.

Also, you can only enter the subnet as short form. Long form doesn't work despite what the manual says (not that I care about this).

My mistake. Entering in a single IP does work. However, if you try to use multiple entries that have a subnet argument, it will not work.

Correct - you just saved me from writing back on that last one.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

LOL. Actually I was wrong. Entering multiple single addresses appears to work in the deny list. However, it doesn't actually deny any of them. It only works when a single entry is put in there (which doesn't help me).

Play around with it, and actually check to see if it is allowing or denying what it says. The whole thing is screwed up.

You are correct I have the same issue with the following. Not many people use this and researching the database never really came up with anything. Thanks for the research and sorry for the frustration. I checked with engineering and not sure if there will be an update to this - no set time table.

Does not work to allow 192.168.0.204 access.

Deny access: 192.168.0.0/24
    Allow access: 192.168.0.204;192.168.0.205

Does work:

Deny access: 192.168.0.0/24
    Allow access: 192.168.0.204
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

The thing is I ditched my swich and removed all the NIC bonding. Basically, I have two NICs per client. So now I am having two targets (one for each NIC) and striping them with software on the client end.

The problem is my initiator doesn't allow me to pick which NIC to use for which target. The only way to make it work properly is to block the relative IP addresses from the target.

Thanks for looking into it.