Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open-E Will not boot past 59%

Default Open-E Will not boot past 59%

Greetings,
    Has anyone else seen this? I have an Open-E box that boots off a USB stick. It was running fine for a few months then suddenly it just dropped off the network leaving all the NFS clients in quite a lurch. I managed to get it to reboot once and it ran for a couple more days. Now, it will not boot past 59% on the startup screen.

I loaded the USB Stick into Windows and ran checkdisk and it came up clean.
    I've run diagnostics on all the hard-drives and they all come up clean.
    I've swapped out the RAM and no change.
    I've played around with some bios settings etc., no change.
    The system boots up diagnostics CD's (ultimate boot) without any problems...

It's not critical but I'd really like to get at some of the files on the system. I'm afraid to try re-installing Open-E as my experience with that in the past is it can really screw things up. Any suggestions?

Have you tried to flash a brand new USB stick with the current version of DSS V6 ?
    Is the behavior the same ?

Hello,
    I have the same problem now.
    Just upgraded to 6.00 up97 build 6335. Before I set the IP-Adress, i did a Filesystem-Check from the console.
    After the reboot i ran into the "59%" problem.
    And it doesn't matter if i boot from the internal USB-Device or from the USB-Update-Stick directly.
    What could be wrong?
    Any suggestions?

Press "Tab" button at the screen where you choose 32 or 64 bit mode during booting and modify the line that contains different parameters by changing the splash=silent to splash =verbose, and let us know what is hanging.

Hello,
    I just have removed "splash=silent" from the bootloader options. The system stops booting after "drbd start [OK]".
    Any ideas how to fix it?

When you used the File System Repair tool on your storage, and check it all, does it gave you "successful" or does it gave you some issues to be fixed?
    If there are some issues, then it must be fixed first, and you can install a new installation on a new USB stick to run the DSSv6 and then go to console mode to run FS repair tool again.

Also if the new installed DSSv6 on a new USB stick runs fine, that means the issue is related to the USB stick that you currently have. And you may need to re-install DSSv6 on it. ( for your settings/configurations, if you already saved them, then you can apply your saved settings to the new installed DSSv6, and if you don't have saved settings, please open a support ticket, and send us a system logs file ( even if it's old ) for your system, and we will try to get your settings/configurations and support you with them ( if that possible for your case) ).

Please note that by using the latest builds of DSSv6 now, it is recommended to update your Controller Firmware, so please check your controller website and get the latest firmware for your controller and update it.

I ran into the same problem yesterday. I was noticed to run LV repair, so I did. Now stalling at 59%.
    I will wait some hours now and then create a ticket.

And, yes, newest DSS V6 build (97) on USB stick...

Any new ideas?

Default Online again

After several on-off tasks, the system is operational again. A boot takes a normal amount of time.

Strange...

If severla on/off did not helps, please find the following KB link:
    http://kb.open-e.com/While-booting-D...cent_1743.html

Hi there,

same behavior here, I tried to boot up many times (normal / rescue_mode=no_mount_lv) and always stalled at some point (59 % / Mtxorb [start]), even with all network interfaces down.
    Finally, I have re-installed a system (which has formatted the system partition) (during 5 min). And with auto-save functionality (!!), I succeed to reinject a recent configuration through the web interface. The NAS is now well configured but not for the license key which I do not recover so far.
    In the future, I will never reboot the NAS remotely...

Bye,
    Joan
    Model: Data Storage Software V6
    Version: 6.0up50.8101.4786 64bit