Visit Open-E website
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exomium S200 and DSS V6 and LSI 9265i and Cachecade -> Data corruption

LSI Have released a new firmware 23.18.0.0014 (MR 5.8 P1) Nov 26, 2013 and the release notes include the following fixes:-

SCGCQ00525647 (DFCT) - Cachecade 2.0 with MR 5.7 fw peformance is much lower than MR5.6
    SCGCQ00552847 (DFCT) - Data Integrity issue found with CacheCade when CacheCade disassociation is initiated after running IO

I note they have also removed MR 5.6 & 5.7 from their download archive (the problem one and the preceding one). I resolved my problem by rolling back to MR 5.6 which seems to be stable with Cachecade write cache on.

Is anyone brave enough to try the new version and see if the problem is resolved in this? Not sure if I want to risk it on production servers after all the problems this caused the last time I upgraded.

Tim

Hi,

we also have the problems described here. Open-e DSS V7, A-A-failover, iSCSI, LSI with CacheCade and MR 5.8. Massive data corruption, corresponding to write IO.

We'd like to set CacheCade to read-only, as a first workaround. Any hint how to do this?

Regards,

Robert

you should be able to change the caching using the megaRAID Storage manager.

Hi Gr-R,

well, I'm able to disable caching completely. There's no read-only.

We found a P1 patch for this release. It can be infused without a reboot. We'll try this.

Well, after upgrading the LSI new firmware ... MR _5.9_ which includes the P1 patch, we haven't new data loss. We're still busy with restoring damaged systems. But all damages that we still found, arise in the time before the upgrade.

Robert