Visit Open-E website

Thread: HA cluster configuration

Default HA cluster configuration

Hello,
    i would like to know if it's possible to configure an active-active or active passive cluster in a FC environment. I've two DSS v7 with FC HBA connected to a SAN in a vSphere 5 infrastructure, is it possible to configure a cluster to eliminate storage single point of failure ? I've searched for docs but i've found only setup with iSCSI connections.

thank you, kind regards,
    N.

Active-Active or Active-Passive cluster is for iSCSI only.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Ok, is it possible to achieve a configuration that permit to have some kind of "protection" in case of failure of primary storage ?

This is where the Active-Active or Active-Passive for iSCSI volumes perform this.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

ok, but can i use the two storage with a configuration that permit to have a failover configuration ?

Yes for iSCSI volumes.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

sorry for my duplicate post.
    I've understood that with iSCSI volume is possible to setup an Active-Active or Active-Passive configuration but i don't have iSCSI we are using fiber channel.
    So i 'm searching if it's possible to configure something similar to HA configuration with iSCSI but with FC.

Thanks

You can Replicate FC Volumes using the Volume Replication feature, the Volume Replication feature replicates the FC Volumes through an Ethernet NIC i.e. 1GbE or 10GbE. You set one of the FC Volume as Source and the other as Destination on the other DSS V7. Then if lets say the Source fails then you set the Destination FC Volume to Source and you will be able to connect and have the updated the data. But this is not Auto Failover more like a Manual Failover. You can test this with the DSS V7 TRIAL.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"