Visit Open-E website

Thread: System:2 system file checksums don\''t match the pattern.

Default System:2 system file checksums don\''t match the pattern.

Hi,

after a power source failure, I have on my DSS7 which runs on a USB stick the following error:

System:2 system file checksums don\''t match the pattern.

That said, I don't have web interface avaliable, system boots and that's it no acess to share folders or web gui.
    How can I repair this? Any help?

Paulo R

Try to restart your Apache as the following KB steps:
    http://kb.open-e.com/Blank-webGUI_1613.html

If that does not help, then try to install (run) DSS from another new USB stick and see if that makes your system run or not.

Mostly you need to check your RAID controller if it works fine or not, also your disks, and you may need to run file system repair tool after that.

I do not have the option ADDONS... maybe because I'm running a lite version?
    I already did the repair file system on LV... and that didn't help.
    The problem is that tool don't repair the files on the usb stick, I think. And those are the damage ones.
    Still stuck...

The DSS boot media could have issues - reinstall the DSS on the boot media or use another boot media with the DSS.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

How can I get the settings from the old USB stick? Is there any files that I can copy to the new USB that have the system personalization (IP, sharings, users...)?

In the DSS GUI we provide the ability to save your settings and config to download in a settings.cnf file to restore in cases like this it is located in MAINTENANCE -> miscellaneous -> Function: Save settings and is mentioned in the manual as well on page 146. If you did not save your settings or config don't worry as when you re-install you will be able to go to this location and use one of the restore points providing your array is healthy and reboot to have them in place again. Your data will be fine as well.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Default Solved!

Thank you for the support. Case solved and closed