Visit Open-E website

Thread: Production Open-e Storage BIG PROBLEMS

Default Production Open-e Storage BIG PROBLEMS

Hi,

we have a dozen of production virtual servers running from a Open-e storage.
    Yesterday I started to have some kernel errors:
    kernel:Info fld=0x0
    kernel:Info fld=0x0
    I also have a SQL error: syslog table not found.

The production servers where OK and the RAID also OK. The system runs from a USB pen.
    I can't login by web, I do have console access.
    Today most of the servers where defunct. I rebooted the Open-e storage and servers, at the end the Open-e said self test OK. I though that all was OK, but I noticed that the https port was 0.
    Once again I couldn't login by web, but console access was OK.
    I thought that the Open-e reboot had fix it. I was wrong...

Any ideias where the problem is?
    Is it the system on the USB pen that became degraded?

I also forgot to say that I only use iscsi, no NAS, and version is 6.0UP07.8101.3537 64 bit
    Any help would be welcome.

This could be the boot media having issues, these errors "kernel:Info fld=0x0" also can come from a RAID controller as well. I would check the dmesg2 and critical error logs to see if there is any mention after this error showing the following "sda or sdb or sdc..." to get closer to where it is exactly.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Without web access how can I check those logs?

Without knowing what version you are running, you could try to stop and start the Apache from the Console screen byt entering in CTRL + ALT + T then select "Addons" then select "Apache" and stop it then start it again. Also from the Console tools try to do the Time settings and just keep hitting Enter to take the defaults to see if that will kick start it. It could be that the boot media is failing or has issues and cant get the Apache to load.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

With such an old version, and boot media being as old, I would recommend a new install to fresh boot media, as well as the latest version of DSS V6.

Lucky for me I had some 1 year old copy of that usb pen... just recreated the image to a new usb pen... all is working now...
    This Open-e 6 is a licensed version, can I upgrade free to version 7?

If you purchased the DSS V6 after May 1st of last year then yes you qualify for the free upgrade and you can do this in your User Portal from the Open-E site.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"