Visit Open-E website

Thread: Fibre setup

Default Fibre setup

I have open-e iscsi R3 enterprise server on a dell server and it works well, the question I have is that I want use fibre as the connection instead of iscsi over ethernet.

If I install a fibre channel card that is certified with your product can I then assign volumes to the fibre channel card so that clients with fibre cards can see the volumes assigned to them. If that is correct is there any documentation on this as the manual dies not have much inforation about how to do this.

Thanks

Gavin

Yes we provide this currently for DSS only. Update for iSCSI-R3 Enterprise is not yet ready for FC connectivity to targets. We do not have a schedule release date but we know it will be sometime within the next 30 days.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Thanks for the reply this is indeed bad news for us as we where led to believe open-e r3 iscsi enterprise would already do this as a competitor to the dell ax150.

Is there any information when the update will be released to support the broadcom net extreme II cards that are in the latest dell servers? I know you mentioned before about the 15th of this month just wondered if there is a fixed date, the reason i ask is that we have phurchased all our dell servers with fibre equipment and now looks like we have to wait but we could at least start the project once the network cards are supported. (hope this makes sense)

Also is there a mailing list to notify when updates have been released?

Thanks

Gavin

The iSCSI-R3 has not been announced for this, only FC to the storage capabilities (although just got word that this maybe sooner) – check the updates next week. DSS currently has this now with 1.18 update. As for the driver issue contact support to ask them for an update?
    Concerning the 15th update for DSS, this will be another couple of days as we are still testing in QA. For mailing send email to info@open-e.com to placed on a mailing list.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube