Visit Open-E website

Thread: DSS V7 in active/active cluster locked up

Default DSS V7 in active/active cluster locked up

Last night I had one of my DSS7 servers in an Active/Active cluster completely lockup. I couldn't ping it and when I went to the console it was unresponsive. I had to force it to power off and after a restart it seemed ok. The failed server soon reported it was synced but the there were two errors showing for the Persistent Reservation Synchronization. The same values on the server that didn't fail showed active. By morning those errors were cleared and everything looks fine but my nerves are not. Should I trust this server now or what should I do. It had been running fine for about a year. It is a one year old Supermicro/Intel server with and LSI raid controller.
    Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Larry

Larry,
    Its hard to say what happened without more information.
    What is boot media being used? If usb media, it may be going bad
    Which DSS V7 release? The latest?

Thanks for your reply.

This is the version 7.0up10.9101.7637 64bit

The boot media is an internal hard drive.

Larry,

Update to the latest release. If the problem persists, open a support case with our support team.

The replicated nodes are currently active on the other server. Can I do the update/reboot whatrver is necessary without any affect on the other? I'm assuming I can. And are the error status of Persistent Reservation Synchronization normal for a period of time after a node crash? What is happening at this time?
    Thanks.

First step would be to move the resources back to the proper node, and be sure there are not any problems with this.
    Second would be to move all the resources from node2 to node1 and update node2.
    Third, move resources to node2 and update node1
    Lastly, move resources back to default locations after all updates.
    Persistent reservation system has been improved in most current release.

Thank you for the step by step. I appreciate it.
    Larry