Visit Open-E website

Thread: Rsync and Root permissions

Default Rsync and Root permissions

Hi
    I use an share on E-NAs to backup another little NAs via Rsync (I created a user "backcmv" to perform the task). It works, I can see the share on E-nas and I can read/copy file/folder through Windows. The problem is that I can not delete file/folder because they have only root permissions.
    Furthermore I can not access via ssh (using putty and default user "cli") because the connection are closed immediately after access...

How I can do to delete the file/folder backupped?
    thanks for help

Michele

PS: I use
    Model: Open-E NAS-XSR ENTERPRISE
    Version: 3.08.XE00000000.2145
    Release date: 2006-08-25

Try to go to the share and use the specify path to delete the directory.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hi Todd,
    thanks for your rapid response. I do not know if I understand exactly your answer, but all objects (file/folder) saved on E_NAS have read only permissions for user Everyone and all permissions for user root. So I can't delete object though I use the "backcmv" user to access the specify path share.
    I think I should see you the source and target rsync setting to explain the problem.. How I can send/attach you a pdf ?
    thanks a lot
    Michele

Send a screen shot of the NAS GUI if I remember there is a way to get in and delete them or reset them in the console screen but this is a very old product and I don't have this in my lab anymore much less even find and IDE port if I had the IDE DOM for one of my servers
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Hi Todd,
    I understand that my product is old... :-( but still it work well! :-))
    to show you same print screen I send you this link to my skydrive,
    it is more easy than upload single images... You can modify the original file or upload files.
    Thanks for support
    Michele

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...e&sc=Documents

Michele - The images are really fuzzy and could hardly see them clear enough. Are you using ADS Authentication? I am not sure if this older version has the repair filesystem feature from the Extended tools in the Console Screen that you can try (it may restart after it is completed). Also in the Extended tools see if there is a Clear ACLs but not sure if this has the feature as well. Sorry to run out of ideas on this older version but its been 6 yrs last time I worked with it.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"