Visit Open-E website

Thread: DSS Packaging

Default DSS Packaging

Question about the packaging of the DSS.

I have an older supermicro server that I want to use: http://www.supermicro.com/products/s...YS-6012P-8.cfm

I'm not certain that these servers will boot off of a USB device. Is there a way to get the DSS product on to an IDE flash based device like the iSCSI and NAS products offer? (perhaps using dd on another linux box)

I am certain that the USB header on the motherboard won't plug straight in so I'll have to use the USB extension cable.

We work well with Supermicro MB, we don't have this one in our labs but if there is USB pins on the motherboard - then yes use the Internal USB cable that comes free with our products. Incase there is no USB headers on the motherboard we have an External USB cable part# 1482. If the BIOS see's the PQI DOM this should work. Currently we do not have any way to load the new R-3 family and DSS onto the IDE DOM because of the size issue IDE is 256MB and USB is 1GB and there is a totally different boot structure. On our FTP site we have a USB BOOT ISO to assist the USB DOM incase of BIOS not assisting the boot from the USB DOM.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    On our FTP site we have a USB BOOT ISO to assist the USB DOM incase of BIOS not assisting the boot from the USB DOM.
    How can I download this ISO-Image? My RioWorks mainboard will not boot from USB and we have the iSCSI-Enterprise IDE DOM changed in the DSS USB DOM.
    I have tested bootfloppy with ldlinux.sys and so on. All failed.

Martin

Just sent you an email
    Last edited by Luke; 07-01-2008 at 02:26 PM.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Default How can I download this ISO-Image

How can I download this ISO-Image?

Quote Originally Posted by MBR
    How can I download this ISO-Image? My RioWorks mainboard will not boot from USB and we have the iSCSI-Enterprise IDE DOM changed in the DSS USB DOM.
    I have tested bootfloppy with ldlinux.sys and so on. All failed.

Martin

Default the link

plz can you send the link to me
    with best regard
    Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    Just sent you an email