Visit Open-E website

Thread: Hyper-V 2012 Cluster and update up12

Default Hyper-V 2012 Cluster and update up12

In the Known Issues section for up12 there are some notes related to Persistent Reservations. Can you please give me some addition info. I understand the 1st, but the other 3 are somewhat non descript.

We have a Hyper-V Cluster with a single DDS7 box handling CSV. I want to make sure I dont break anything serious by installing the update.

Thanks

Todd

------
    There is no Persistent Reservation synchronization when failover is triggered by lack of access to ping node and replication link is interrupted at the same time

There is no detection of Persistent Reservation failure when a node is joining to the cluster

Sometimes Persistent Reservation statuses are not updated after binding hosts

It is not possible to set up cluster when there is no logical volumes with replication

There is no detection of Persistent Reservation failure when a node is joining to the cluster
    ===
    Not relevant to you as you are not running the cluster services.
    ===

Sometimes Persistent Reservation statuses are not updated after binding hosts
    ===
    Also, not relevant to you, as you are not replicating to another node
    ===

It is not possible to set up cluster when there is no logical volumes with replication
    ===
    This is relevant to configuring the failover cluster, and again, not relevant to your setup
    ===