Visit Open-E website

Thread: DSS7 and HP Smart Array B120i

Question DSS7 and HP Smart Array B120i

We have an Active-Active DSS7 installation at work using two HP 380p Gen 8 rack servers as data nodes and multi-path iSCSI over 10GbE to a two-node Hyper-V cluster.

It works great!

I'm building a lab on the side to test features and situations, and purchased HP Gen 8 Microservers. These models have B120i Smart Array controllers which I enabled through RBSU and confirmed were the primary controller. I exited setup, restarted, and used the HP RAID utility (F5) to join my two 1-TB physical disks into a RAID 1 Array. I created a 2GB logical drive and another logical drive with the remaining space.

Upon trying to install DSS 7 with the available ISO, I reach the point where I choose a volume and it presents me with my two 1-TB physical disks rather than the 2GB and 998GB logical drives.

The RAID controller posts properly and the RAID configuration looks good via iLO4.

Any help?

B120i is not supported

I think I figured it out... for some reason the HP unit "Chooses" Drive 1 rather than Drive 0 as the system drive.

I also had to disable the HP B120i SATA RAID controller and use the AHCI SATA controller.

I have a 1TB system drive instead of 2GB for DSS7, but it will allow me to test what I need I think.