Visit Open-E website

Thread: VMware and I/O latency increased

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default VMware and I/O latency increased

Hello,

I use cluster VMware with 2 host connect by iSCSI to DSS V7, then I have 1 volume (about 14TB) attach iSCSI target. During backup virtual machine I see in log of vcenter this problem "I/O latency increased from average value....." increase upto 600000 microsecond sometime. This problem to little time. But come every time I try use storage with much work. Host connect to storage with 1Gb/s link each one, then storage has 1 link 1Gb/s dedicated to iSCSI.
    I follow tuning vmware with iscsi on blog open-e but not change any. I haven't real problem but I think 600000 microsecond of latency is very high.
    Can u give me some helps ? Thanks

M.

Configure for MPIO, and add more paths for more bandwidth.

Hello,

first all thanks to your reply, than I try found how I can create MPIO.... but not found.... how I can do it ?
    Thanks

M.

All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hello,

I follow your video, very well.... in my scenario I have only 1 dss (not replication), and on vmware host I have only 1 nic connect to dss. So I can use virtual address to have second patch ?? correct ??
    I can create new vmkernel port on vm host with new ip address in new class where I put virtual ip.... so I have second path.... but it's only virtual path because physical is same....
    Thanks

M.

It would be best to have 2 NICs as you will still be using 1 NIC even if you create another port on the same NIC. MPIO process is the same with or without replication.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube