Visit Open-E website

Thread: Filesystem check

Default Filesystem check

Hi,

I need to perform a filesystem check but not in the vg but in the disk where is installed the Open-E DSS v6 system. It detects automatically that needs a filesystem check but when it tries it falis beacuse the system is already mounted. Any clues ? If I boot using a ubuntu and try to check the disk, it will work ?

Thanks.

I believe you mean the Repair Filesystem from our Console screen when you enter CTRL ALT X for the Extended tools? If so I would try to run it as it might help if you are still having issues it could mean that your boot media is having issues and your might want to re-install the DSS on a different bot media. We recommend to use a SSD as they have longer life. You can CentOS to mount the volumes but I would recommend to run the Repair from our Console.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Yes. I need to do a filesystem check to the boot media, there is any way ? I use as boot media na hard disk.

Quote Originally Posted by To-M View Post
    I believe you mean the Repair Filesystem from our Console screen when you enter CTRL ALT X for the Extended tools? If so I would try to run it as it might help if you are still having issues it could mean that your boot media is having issues and your might want to re-install the DSS on a different bot media. We recommend to use a SSD as they have longer life. You can CentOS to mount the volumes but I would recommend to run the Repair from our Console.

Go to the Console screen and enter CTRL ALT X then select the function to run the "Repair filesystem" and wait till it is done then reboot.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

The problem is that is saying that attempts to check a mounted system and fails.

Quote Originally Posted by To-M View Post
    Go to the Console screen and enter CTRL ALT X then select the function to run the "Repair filesystem" and wait till it is done then reboot.

Any chance that you can add a drive and mount it or can you see the other volume in the Extended tools from the console and select the first option to > Select Default volume group. Then reboot and run the repair.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"