Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error binding hosts

Default Error binding hosts

We previously (earlier today) had a semi working Active/Passive setup using two infiband networks and a 1gb management network.

However, due to an issue we were having with failover, we had to remove everything we had done and start again.

However, after removing the host bindings, i can no longer bind the hosts. I receive the error "Too many bound hosts on remote host." - there are no hosts bound to either of the DSS systems. All replication tasks have been removed, all settings in the Failover configuration have been removed and we have re-created the iSCSI volumes and also rebooted both hosts.

Has anyone come across this and fixed it? It's a POC for a huge project we're working on internally and would really like to prove this software.

Thankyou.

It sounds like a configuration file has become corrupted somehow during all the changes.
    From the console CNTRL+ALT+X menu, return to the factory configuration and reboot.

Hmm ok.

Will I lose the network settings?

You shouldn't. That is part of the 'Restore to factory network settings' option in the same menu.

Ok, I've done that. Still experiencing the same issue.

Interesting!
    Try then running the file system repair from the same console menu.

I see "Repair Filesystem on LV (Logical Volume)" - is that the option I need?

yes, that is correct

Ok, done that and I still can't create a binding.

Attempting to bind to NodeB from NodeA gives me the "Too many bound hosts on remote host." error, however doing the same from NodeB to NodeA I get no error, but it doesn't complete the binding.

On NodeA there might be a corruption in the configuration in the system partition, try to Restore Default Configuration in the Console Screen enter CTRL ALT X then select Restore Default Configuration then reboot and start again and see if you get that message, this time setup manually again without using the restore from the GUI.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube