Visit Open-E website

Thread: VMware 5.5U1 with DSSv7 iSCSI issues

Default VMware 5.5U1 with DSSv7 iSCSI issues

I am running into issues with the following setup

ESXi 5.5U1
    two VM Kernel ports with round robin configured

I can successfully connect to the ISCSI target on the DSS from VMware. The problem is that after a few minutes the VMs that are on the storage freeze and the only thing that will fix the issue is if I reboot the ESXI host. After the reboot everything works fine for a while but the same thing happens. I called VMware but they said that the issue more than likely is on the storage side.

It would be a great help if anyone could shed some light on the situation.

Thanks..

Check to see if the NICs are having any dropped or bad packets - go to Console Screen and enter CTRL ALT N then select the NIC and select the Info feature. Are there any errors in the critical_Error logs? Are the NICs used for the MPIO in the DSS on a separate network for there IP Addresses?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Thanks for the reply.
    We are setting this up as a proof of concept for a larger scale project. Right now the NICS used for the MPIO in the DSS are on the same network. Do they have to be put on a separate network?

You can have them on same network but we recommend to have them on separate network. Or you can send in the log file of the DSS V7 and we can see if there is anything in the logs.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Did you try putting each nic on its own virtual switch, this may resolve it