Visit Open-E website

Thread: SMB shares are not working properly in Open-E DSS v7

Default SMB shares are not working properly in Open-E DSS v7

The problem I am facing with SMB shares on Open-E DSS v7 is explained below,

1. I have installed Open-E DSS v7 with 60 days trial version with full features.

2. I have authenticated Open-E with Samba4 and I was able to get the users and groups mapping perfectly.

3. Then I have created a share called home and exported that home share over NFS and SMB.

4. On Linux client I was able to map the UID/GID properly over the NFS without any problem but when I did the SMB mount on Windows and Mac OS X (Maverick) client side then it was consistently giving error like "Access Denied". Although I have specified User to in Open-E's ACL list.

5. I have verified above scenario with a CentOS 6.5 server which was running NFS and SAMBA server. There everything was working fine without any problem with AD mappings. Windows client was able to mount SMB shares without any problem.

Here are the screenshots of Open-E setting which I have done, Please correct me if I might have configured something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

So you are authenticating with our ADS? Can you try with PDC to see if this happens as well.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Yes, I have been using ADS authentication for AD.

Did you test with the PDC option in the DSS just to verify that the users can actually see the shares?
    Also make sure you are using the RID option in the ADS function set then create a superuser account - Set a Superuser in CONFIGURATION ->; NAS settings ->; Function: SMB settings, you can use this account to set permissions from the ADS server side.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube