Visit Open-E website
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FC Target

What about the Qlogic 4GB FC cards are they still expected this month?

Regards

Gavin

We wont know until the developers complete the drivers (we had to build it and this takes longer) and run the test. It was scheduled but if they have issues they won't release it – that’s why I can give an answer yet.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Any update about 4Gb FC cards that work correctly with DSS?
    Still only Qlogic HBA cards are supported in Target mode?

Due to poor support and development time scales always slipping we have discontinued using our open-e DSS servers and are now using Datacores sanmelody

Regards

Gavin

Just to make things clear - does DSS support 4Gb FC cards in Target Mode or not in current version. so if does not - do 2Gb FC HBA cards work as expected in that condition?

Open-E representative, please advise!

I can confirm that I had both the qlogic 2GB and 4GB cards working

There are only PCI-X cards in compatibility list, does it mean that only Qlogic cards with PCI-X interface are supported or also PCI-Express Qlogic HBA cards with the same chipset will also be supported by DSS in target mode ?
    (for example QLA2460 and QLE2460).

I used the PCI-e dual port 4GB qlogic (QLE2462) server hardware was dell 2950 servers

Thanx, Gavin.
    So PCI-E cards also supported despite the fact that they are not listed ...
    I want to use VMware ESX Server 3.5 with DSS as a storage cabled through the FC card - does this pair work well or should I be prepared for surprises? Any experience with this configuration?
    After reading of many threads in different forums about problems in the same configuration I am really confused ...

We are using ESX enterprise but had issues with DSS talking with ESX thats why we moved over to sanmelody. We have mirrored sanmelody storage servers with 4 ESX servers using them as storage with mulitpath failover works really well all 4GB fibre with brocade fibre switches

Regards