Visit Open-E website

Thread: Traget settings in active active setup

Default Traget settings in active active setup

I have one issue that is really annoying , I need to add a new target to my running cluster. So created the target added the disk etc.. then went to set the target settings for it to work better with ESX and it doesn't allow you too while the active active cluster is running even though I have not added the new target to the resource pool yet.

I can't afford to shut the cluster down, so looks like my option is to create lots of targets and configure them before the cluster is started then that way if I need a new target and volume it should be possible to add the new volume to the target and add the target to the cluster. Maybe open-e could put in an update so that when creating a new target you can enter the target name and any new values it is to use then creates it, problem sorted.

Please correct me if i am wrong, but it seems silly to have an active active solution that you need to stop to update target parameters

check your private messages, sent you a update that can add the values on new targets.

Cheers looks like exactly what i need, now that is what i call support
    Last edited by gharding; 12-16-2014 at 08:57 PM.