Visit Open-E website

Thread: Expand Active-Active iSCSI Volume

Question Expand Active-Active iSCSI Volume

What is the process/procedure for expanding an Active-Active iSCSI volume that is currently used in VMWare?

I recall with DSS v6 expanding a fail over volume was a pain due to having to stop the fail over service, causing the virtual IP to drop, etc. and I have re-found that doc in the KB articles, but didn't see anything for DSS v7 in there.

Thanks in advance!

You have to remove the Target from the A/A resource, then stop the volume replication tasks and delete the tasks then remove the replication function from the iSCSI volume from the "Action" pull down button then increase the size and add the replication function back on for both nodes then create the volume replication task and start the task and add back into the A/A resource pools.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Thanks, Todd.

So technically, I would have to set VMWare from the virtual IP to the local IP of the primary storage node before removing the target from the A/A setup. Seems a bit dicey - I think I may just crate a new volume.

This is correct that if you have an initiator connected to to the VIP and switch or add the local IP, but if you can find any maintenance window this process can be done in a few min.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube