Visit Open-E website

Thread: IP address filtering

Default IP address filtering

I need to apply an IP address filter to limit access to the NAS to a specific range of IP addresses on our campus. I don't see anywhere to do this in DSS or the console. Is this function available to me?

CONFIGURATION-->NAS RESOURCES, shares. Choose the share and you can apply IP restrictions from the 'NFS Share access'
    IP restrictions are for NFS connections, and can be done the same for iSCSI connections.
    SMB connections are user based authentication.

I think I need add more information. Our NetOps on our campus ran a Nessus scan on my 2 NAS's and generated a 128 page .pdf document outlining a multitude of vulnerabilities. Basically, if I can't seal things up, which I'm not going to be able to do, I was instructed to limit access to the complete NAS to my building and the one next to it, via IP address filtering. Even if I apply the IP restrictions to Shares as described above, a hacker still has access to the unit through the NIC. I guess this would be more of a firewall thing. I also have a Synology NAS which has this built into it. I just wanted to see if I could do the same with my other 2 NAS's running DSS v6 and v7.

this would be best handled at the firewall/router. Perhaps even vlan restrictions.