HI.
I have two DSS A and B . They both contain 3 sets of RAID1 drives
The first set is used for active - active failover ( which works beautifully).
The second set is used for all the virtual drive storage.
and finally the third set is set for volume replication and mounted as an iscsi target in windows server 2012 and assigned to the S: drive. ( DSSA is the source and DSSB is the destination). This volume is then mapped across all my servers.

THE PROBLEM:

I had to reboot my server with the iscsi target and lost connectivity of it. I then tried to reconnect it via isci initiator, but it was already connected . BUT my volume was not showing, so i went to computer management and tried to reassign it a drive letter. But then it saw the drive as RAW (meaning i would have to reformat it). I disconnected the target and instead tried to see if anything wrong in the open-e boxes.
Logged in to my DSS and saw that the task was stopped, restarted it and tried to reconnect the target. Still saw the drive as RAW.

Now this is not yet my Production environment but if it was, that means i would have lost all my backups, all my shared data.

Did anybody experience a volume gone wrong? Is there a way i can recuperate my data on the drive?