Visit Open-E website

Thread: Windows 2008 Cluster supported?

Thread has average rating 5.00 / 5.00 based on 1 votes.
Thread has been visited 29167 times.

Smile Windows 2008 Cluster supported?

Hello.

I'm looking for a solution for a Windows 2008 Cluster Testlab.

The software has to pass Windows 2008 cluster validation tool (on the Windows 2008 DVD).

Until now we used "StarWind Server FREE Version", but this requires Windows to run, and may be there is a way around that.

Its more a training area than a testlab, but anyway we want to have it fully isolated from the production network, we even have Hardware-Firewalls in between. So we are running the Windows 2008 inside MS Virtual PC, which is less than ideal concerning load balancing etc., but can be run on the laptops of sales people once we have a final solution.

So, can Open-E iSCSI R3 do this job?

Is there a 30-Day-Version downloadable?

One thing I hate at Rocket Division is the amount of sales calls from a different time zone, so I do not like giving out my details over the internet.

Thanks & Bye.

In June we will have a release that will support Windows 2008 with DSS V6 only you will be able to download and use for 60 days.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hi

Is June fix as a release date? I thought after easter an update which supports SCSI-3-PR should be released?

Thanks
    Norbert

Yes, June the target date or first week of July. There was a some additional feature we wanted to add so it is important that we do this.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

I need to mention that this is with DSS V6 only.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

From what I know they have both Linux and ESX & Hyper-V friendly virtual storage appliances already, not only native Windows versions. I've got my one some time ago as we have some
    connections so I don't know anything about release plans. You may ask yourself

-nismo

Quote Originally Posted by Gerd_1972
    Hello.

I'm looking for a solution for a Windows 2008 Cluster Testlab.

The software has to pass Windows 2008 cluster validation tool (on the Windows 2008 DVD).

Until now we used "StarWind Server FREE Version", but this requires Windows to run, and may be there is a way around that.

Its more a training area than a testlab, but anyway we want to have it fully isolated from the production network, we even have Hardware-Firewalls in between. So we are running the Windows 2008 inside MS Virtual PC, which is less than ideal concerning load balancing etc., but can be run on the laptops of sales people once we have a final solution.

So, can Open-E iSCSI R3 do this job?

Is there a 30-Day-Version downloadable?

One thing I hate at Rocket Division is the amount of sales calls from a different time zone, so I do not like giving out my details over the internet.

Thanks & Bye.

amy001 Guest

Thank you.

U can easily configure cluster in windows server 2008.
    Just go to start & type failover clustering.
    This open Failover Clustering management.