Visit Open-E website

Thread: Increasing storage volume for replicated iSCSI Active Passive for VMware

Default Increasing storage volume for replicated iSCSI Active Passive for VMware

We're running out of storage on one of our replicated clusters (Active/Passive), and will be adding 16x1TB SSDs (8 per node). We'll have to make this a separate VD in the RAID controller (Intel/LSI).

Once that's done, can we increase the storage for the replicated volume in Open-E? Or do we need to create a NEW replicated volume and present it as a separate LUN?
    MJP Technologies - Intel Technology Provider Platinum Member

Since you are going to create it as a new VD, this will show up in the webgUI as a new unit and allow you to create a new volume group or add it to your existing VG.
    I suggest leaving as its own, and create new logical volumes and targets to add to failover.
    I do not recommend adding it to your existing VG as any problem in either VD will cause problems in the other.

Thanks - it looks like after discussion, we're going to be installing a new cluster with 48TB SSDs to replace that older cluster, so, we'll just be doing some VMware storage migration.

Since you are doing a full storage migration, you should consider JovainDSS as a solution. HA is available, tiered caching, higher IOps, ZFS, etc:
    http://www.open-e.com/products/jovia...rage-software/
    Something to consider, I think.

We already have the 2x DSSv7 Unlimited capacity licenses ready for those boxes But, we'll keep it in mind for the next cluster