Visit Open-E website

Thread: DSS v6 Lite problems - update, network adapters and settings

Default DSS v6 Lite problems - update, network adapters and settings

Welcome,

The serwer worked on DSS V6 Lite b3530 (installed on HDD).
    I wanted to update DSS v6 Lite b3530 to newer build b7337 but I can not update .iso by webGUI "update software" from other computer in LAN.
    I saw note "... Please not close not refresh website until..." after few hours nothing happend - still I saw note (the same as someone wrote on the forum earlier).
    So, first I put "apply" to search new update and it downloaded update b4023 and I accepted and updated, next from b4023 I downloaded b7337 and I accepted the update but after reboot not loading - always stops at black screen with "Loading...".
    I read on the forum - can help: to run "Repair filesystem on LV" from extended Tools and I did it.
    So, I also downloaded from www.open-e.com older builds and create bootable USB with b7337 (not loading), next b6335 (not loading) and next b5845 and it LOADING, so I wanted to update this build by webGUI from other komputer in LAN but!: in meantime I lost network adapters in console.
    After run the b5845 from USB In Console I see notice: "No network adapters detected" - by C+A+N I can write routing (Address, Gateway, Netmask) but I can not Apply them, of course.
    I put to the computer next ethernet PCI card (first is onboard and enabled in BIOS) and still Network settings: is empty, no network adapters.
    Of course, I saved setup and settings in webGUI before update. I am still waiting with "Run software installer b5845" because I do not know if only this way or if at all it will solve this problem because all data will be removed from disk (DSS). If it not necessary I would like to not do it.
    I do not know what happened (with network adapter and settings IP, Netmask, Gateway) and what I should to do to repair network settings, please help.
    Thank you in advance.

Please check hardware is supported for the build you are updating to
    http://www.open-e.com/support/hardwa...tibility-list/

In all build I can loading b3530 and b4023 (on HDD) or b5845 (loading from USB) the Network adapters not detected, I do not know what happened and I would like to understand it.
    I do not change any hardware. The network settings just disappeared (DSS does not detect a network adapter PCI, no IP etc. - I added new network PCI card to check if onboard card could damaged or spoiled).
    I wondered if I can restore saved settings in console but I could not find such option, so I do not what can I do to recover normal working in build b4023.
    Now I have loaded in HDD b3530, b4023 and not loading b7337.

It may be that the newer builds have newer drivers and is best to go back to an older build to work with your older hardware.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

What is the specific hardware not showing up? model, etc...

Something happened...
    Indeed, the second connected network PCI card was incompatible. So I plugged another PCI compatible adapter with chipset RTL-8139C and after turn power off the serwer and reloading DSS console I just saw the both network adapters in DSS console: 1. the lost earlier adapter onboard RTL-8111DL (found itself, also I see the driver of adapter, now) and 2. the second network adapter I just connected. Then I had to recover data on the storage disk by upload and restore saved settings. Now working normal.
    I still have one problem I wrote the above: I can not upload in webGUI (Maintenance - software update) any System software update (any build) I downloaded to the PC from website open-e.com. How I can do it? I do not want install. Newest build I can loading is b5845 (I can not loading next b6335,b7337-black screen with "Loading..."), but DSS download only b7337 by update downloader. So, I want upload b5845 from my PC (in LAN) by webGUI because I do not want use the installer (with romove all system data from disk).

I do not want use the installer (with romove all system data from disk).
    The installer will only reformat the boot media, not the data area.
    Do a new install and restore from settings.cnf file saved previously.