I have an older installation of 6.0up98.8401.7337 32bit that has files on it I need to copy off. When I boot the server all is well except I am unable to set any configuration settings under "Configutraion/NAS Settings", such as the badly needed "Authentication Method" where I need to set the Workgroup (internal LDAP). NFS settings can not set and the FTP settings the same way, nothing sticks. When I enter the settings and hit reply, it comes back defaulted to nothing. I did the reset configuration utility on the console and nothing changes.

Under "Status/System" the "SMB Transfer Protocol" is "On" but status is "Failed", same with the "SMB Naming Service".

At the console I've run the check disk utility and the drives come back clean. I really need to get these files off and I've got a few hours into messing with this, but nothing ever changes, never able to get Samba, FTP, or anything on that configuration page running.

Anybody out there have any advice, I really would like to get some files off this box.