Visit Open-E website

Thread: PV resize

Default PV resize

I created a hardware raid5 volume in ARECA. I had a hot spare assigned to it which I deleted then added to the raid set. I need to resize the PV in Open-E under the xtended tools. What precautions should I take before doing this? In other words, is it safe to resize when the PV is in use and clients are accessing data.

Errol

You can do this but keep in mind that I/O to the RAID set and to the VG00 will be sloooow. If the migration to the RAID set is completed and added to the existing VG00 then once capacity is added in the Volume manager you will be faster. Also in some cases will experience a reboot to see the new unit to add in volume manager.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

So.. I guess this is one of those cases
    The system doesn't see the additional 400GB on the PV. Anyway I can force it to do this w/ o a reboot?

You can try to do a rescan. But again you might have to reboot.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

*sigh* not what I wanted to do.. I already tried rescanning a few time...
    BTW, I had an VERY BAD issue just yesterday. I was accessing the ACREA UI through the Open-E webinterface (It was doing the inband proxy) and the system crashed! I had to shut it down hard by removing power through our PDU. Have you seen this issue before?

I have never heard of that before. Any errors on the Areca or did you contact them.
    Also any error logs in ours as well, if so please send them to support@open-e.com. Maybe I can look at them on Friday this week or sooner. Slammed now.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"