Visit Open-E website

Thread: Unable to use windows ADS auth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Unable to use windows ADS auth

Hello.
    I encounter real difficulties using DSS 7 in our small enterprise environment running under windows server 2012 r2.

I tried everything i know so far but no way to join our active directory. I have the following message :
    http://hpics.li/85572d9
    What is weird is we have a very heterogeneous network with computers running under windows 7 to 10, MacOS, android devices, printers, synology and qnap nas and each device join the domain without troubles..
    the message from dss is very quick, i mean i click apply and less than half a second later i have the fail. So i suppose the message is true : it can not communicate with the domain controller. But if i use the telnet console to ping the DC at 192.168.1.100 there are no packet loss and dss reaches the server...
    I have already read (almost) all the checklists regarding obvisous time configuration, security options, firewall, policies and so on...
    I am pretty sure the problem is a very very tiny small detail that i did not noticed. But witch one ? i am circumspect...

Some help would be really appreciated.

Thank you ^^
    ++

Have you opened a support case for this?

Quote Originally Posted by mlk View Post
    Hello.
    I encounter real difficulties using DSS 7 in our small enterprise environment running under windows server 2012 r2.

I tried everything i know so far but no way to join our active directory. I have the following message :
    http://hpics.li/85572d9
    What is weird is we have a very heterogeneous network with computers running under windows 7 to 10, MacOS, android devices, printers, synology and qnap nas and each device join the domain without troubles..
    the message from dss is very quick, i mean i click apply and less than half a second later i have the fail. So i suppose the message is true : it can not communicate with the domain controller. But if i use the telnet console to ping the DC at 192.168.1.100 there are no packet loss and dss reaches the server...
    I have already read (almost) all the checklists regarding obvisous time configuration, security options, firewall, policies and so on...
    I am pretty sure the problem is a very very tiny small detail that i did not noticed. But witch one ? i am circumspect...

Some help would be really appreciated.

Thank you ^^
    ++

not yet..

i was still looking for a solution on my own. But yes i will.
    thank you. ++

Hi.
    I push the topic up.
    So i opened a support ticket, but infortunatly they did not solve the problem. Their solution is to rename the domain from <mydomain>.com to <mydomain>.local...
    Actually i have more than on hundred devices on this domain and only one single device got troubles. I am sure you understand that i am not very confortable with this solution wich is quite radical and without garantees.
    Or more precisely, maybe i'll do this. But as a final option. I want to explore alternatives first.

So i noticed that i can ping the ADS from dss console using its ip, i can ping it using its FQDN, but the ping fails if i ping just the ads hostname. So i would like to check and investigate resolv.conf and smb.conf. But curiously, i did not find a way to connect dss console with root access. Can you tell me how to do that please ? It would help me a lot to diagnose and trouble shoot. Thanks.

++

We are still working on this issue and we will send you proper information once we have a fix.

Thank you for your feedback.

Thank you for your answer Lu-K.
    I received your mail.

In fact i also submitted this issue (and dss logs) to serveral unix users group and all agree to try several "workarounds" accessing host and/or resolve and/or smb configuration files.
    Don't misunderstand me, i am sure you are going to find a solution (if there is one on dss-side). I just mean that i would like to try on my own in order to exclude wrong assumptions one after another. Actually i am not even sure the problem is on adserver-side or dss-side.

That's why i need to edit these files..
    Not "easily" possible right ?

well.. let's wait and see.